Did John Lennon like Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds?

Written by on August 23, 2021

Todd Lowry – Arranged “The Complete Beatles” for publication at Hal Leonard LLC (1986-present):-

John liked the song itself and he participated in the recording of Elton John’s 1975 cover version (under the pseudonym Dr. Winston O’Boogie).

However, John was disappointed in the Beatles arrangement of the 1967 recording, saying that not enough time had been spent recording the song.

Musician Eric Clapton is refusing to play in venues requiring vaccines for concertgoers. Is he being irresponsible or ‘politically correct’?

He also thought that he had not sung it very well, although many listeners would disagree.

Finally, John was peeved over the speculation that he had intentionally titled the song so that the first letters of each word spelled out LSD.

John insisted that that the song was inspired by a nursery school drawing by his 3-year-old son, Julian. Ringo has confirmed this story, saying that he was present when Julian came home from school with his drawing of “Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds.”

Iconic Duos Reunited: Santana & Rob Thomas, and Other Hit Collaborators Who Tried to Recapture the Magic

The surreal imagery in the song comes from one of John’s key influences—Lewis Carroll and his “Alice In Wonderland” books. Paul came up with the phrases “newspaper taxis” and “cellophane flowers.”

John’s love of the Goon Show inspired the phrases “plasticine porters with looking glass ties” and “kaleidoscope eyes.”

The song was banned from airplay by the BBC because of the LSD acronym.

Why did one of Lennon’s most famous songs – Come Together – only become so popular through McCartney’s contribution?

Reader's opinions
  1. bitly.com   On   September 2, 2021 at 9:03 pm

I know this if off topic but I’m looking into starting my own weblog and
    was curious what all is required to get setup? I’m assuming having a blog like yours would cost a pretty penny?
    I’m not very internet smart so I’m not 100% positive.
    Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Appreciate it

2. bit.ly   On   September 3, 2021 at 8:26 am

Today, I went to the beachfront with my kids. I found a sea
    shell and gave it to my 4 year old daughter and
    said “You can hear the ocean if you put this to your ear.” She placed
    the shell to her ear and screamed. There was a hermit crab inside
    and it pinched her ear. She never wants to go back! LoL I know this is entirely
    off topic but I had to tell someone!

3. bit.ly   On   September 4, 2021 at 11:13 pm

I think that everything said made a bunch of sense.
    But, what about this? suppose you wrote a catchier title?
    I ain’t suggesting your information is not good, but what
    if you added something that makes people want more? I mean Did John Lennon like Lucy in the Sky with
    Diamonds? – Longbeach Radio is kinda vanilla.

You ought to look at Yahoo’s front page and note how they create post headlines to grab viewers to open the links.
    You might add a video or a picture or two to get people
    excited about everything’ve got to say. Just my opinion, it might bring your posts a little livelier.

• Cedric Lucas   On   September 10, 2021 at 4:43 pm

Hi Guy’s

You can also listen to Longbeach Radio on my blog and read some interesting articles.

Blog with slideshow – Longbeach Radio

Click on Channels and you will get a list of all the radio stations with different Genre of music:

1. Longbeach Radio:

2. West Coast Gold:

3. Rhythm Radio:

4. 6AM IBIZA

4. bitly.com   On   September 5, 2021 at 4:31 am

I’m really enjoying the design and layout of your
    blog. It’s a very easy on the eyes which makes it much more pleasant for me to
    come here and visit more often. Did you hire out a designer to create your theme?
    Superb work!

5. bit.ly   On   September 5, 2021 at 11:44 am

Excellent article. Keep posting such kind of info on your
    site. Im really impressed by your site.
    Hi there, You’ve done an incredible job. I will definitely digg it and in my view suggest to my friends.
    I’m confident they will be benefited from this web site.